Host a Business After Hours
To host the March Business After Hours or to reserve a Business After Hours to host in 2016, contact the Jerome Chamber office at 208-324-2711.
What is Business After Hours?
Business After Hours is a social gathering at a Chamber member business, and is the largest business-to-business networking event. Business After Hours provides Chamber members with the opportunity to get to know the host business and its people in a more relaxed setting. The evening is also a useful forum for networking and interacting with the local business community.
When Does Business After Hours Take Place?
The Jerome Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours traditionally takes place on the third Wednesday of each month from 5:00 – 7:00 PM.
Who Hosts a Business After Hours?
One Chamber business is the primary host and is responsible for organizing the event, and the host has the option of inviting another Chamber member business to co-host the event. As host, your company’s facilities, employees, and products will be showcased. Not only is this the ultimate opportunity to network, but it is the perfect way to get word out regarding your business. A great deal of business is conducted at these events, making the potential for obtaining new clients endless. The host business agrees to finance, arrange and coordinate food, drink, and the option of entertainment. As the host business, if you choose to have the food or anything else catered, the catering company must be a Chamber member in good standing.
Planning a Successful Business After Hours
- Invite your clients – Send out invitations, e-mails, and promote the event throughout your place of business.
- Make it fun – Have a theme for the event, i.e. luau, football night, beer & wine sampling, etc.
- Provide door prizes for those that attend
- Provide food & beverage – Guests will stay longer if you serve something to eat, and remember that the Business After Hours is during the dinner time hour.
- Advertise – Announce your event at other community luncheons and group meetings.
- Get your employees involved – Your employees can help by spreading the word about the event. One suggestion, have an internal competition to see who can have the most guests attend.
- Putting a little extra time and effort into planning the event will make hosting a Business After Hours a success!
What is the Cost to Host a Business After Hours?
The Jerome Chamber of Commerce will charge the host business $150 for a Business After Hours event. Payment for hosting a Business After Hours will be made to the Chamber at the time of the booking. If a host business must cancel a Business After Hours, the following will apply: All cancellations with more than ninety days notice would receive a full refund; all cancellations between ninety and thirty days notice would be charged a $50 cancellation fee; all cancellations within thirty days notice or less will be non-refundable.
Business After Hours, Jerome’s largest business-to-business networking event…meet people and promote your business!